Universities and institutions of higher education in general are centers of scientific and cultural radiation in society. They are the main source for the development of human resources that contribute to the economic, social and cultural development programs and plans of societies through the dissemination of knowledge, the carrying out of scientific and educational research, .
Therefore, the University of Misurata in the framework of its conviction that the human balance capable of giving and creativity, which contributes to the effective contribution to the progress of society and raise the standard of living and culture should have the appropriate environment to ensure a climate of education and high quality scientific research keep pace with scientific progress and achievements of contemporary civilization, In order to provide this appropriate intention in terms of construction, laboratory equipment, furniture and the provision of textbooks and teaching aids, the university, as a modern university, was established on buildings of general education, University buildings in order to provide appropriate facilities and university adopted a walk in two parallel lines
The first line is to raise the level of efficiency of existing colleges by maintaining and developing them, providing the necessary labs, working on creating the university climate for all colleges, as well as building some terraces, classrooms, gymnasiums and university cafés to ensure a suitable environment for university education and receiving the increasing number of high school graduates for the coming years. .
The second line: Initiation of a long-term plan aimed at implementing a major integrated campus complex in Misurata area (Al Swawah area - Zawiyat Al Mahjoub) accommodates 30 thousand students in the land allocated to the University with an area of 96 hectares. A specialized company for the implementation of this project, which is a great gain for the university, which contains the buildings of the schools (colleges) and administrative buildings and other facilities accompanying.
History of Misurata University
Opening of Metal Engineering Department
Al-Fateh University (formerly) in Misurata
Opening of the Faculty of Basic Sciences
As one of the faculties of Al Fateh University
Opening of the Faculty of Arts
University of Challenge (formerly)
Opening of the Department of Economics
As a branch of the Faculty of Economics, University of challenge in Sirte
Opening of the Faculty of Education in Bani Walid
As one of the faculties of the University of Challenge
Opening of the law section
Followed by the Faculty of Law at the University of Challenge
Opening of the Faculty of Medicine
As a branch of the Faculty of Human Medicine, Al-Fateh University for Medical Sciences (formerly)
Create university departments
Where the transfer of colleges and sections of the Universities of the Challenge and Nasser, and the establishment of the rest of the colleges in Misrata and Bani Walid.
Launch of the seventh of October on the University of Departments
Located in the cities of Misurata and Beni Walid and includes 15 colleges and 5 sections
Establishment of Faculty of Education
Which was under the name of Teachers College and was changed to the Faculty of Education in 2010
Establishment of the Faculty of Information Technology
Establishment of Misrata University
After the integration of the University of the seventh of October with the University observatory
Establishing the Faculty of Arts and Media
Establishment of faculties of Islamic Studies, Physical Education and Agriculture and College of Languages and Translation
Establishing the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome the visitors of Misurata University Website,
through which we aim to highlight the activities of our university and the leading role to which it
aspires at the local, regional, and indeed the international level, establishing agreements and
partnerships with equivalent institutions and local and regional research centers.
Since its establishment, Misurata University has been constantly pursuing excellence and
leadership with its 1176 distinguished faculty members working in 20 colleges of various majors
to teach more than 20500 students.
Furthermore, Misurata University has grown beyond this role and adopted new roles that help in
serving the community through establishing advisory centers and capacity-building units, which
you can access via Misurata University website.
With this tremendous amount of expertise and experience in various majors, Misurata
University, therefore, is one of the most important national institutions of expertise that plays a
prominent role in the country's development and prosperity.
Prof. Mohamed Abdullah Danfour
We aspire to be a nationally and internationally recognized educational institution that conducts innovative research, carries out professional teaching and training and offers services, consultancy and training the society programs that will best serve.
We seek to offer distinguished educational and research services to maintain the international standards of quality assurance in different fields of knowledge. We are committed to provide the best atmosphere needed to carry out scientific research that will ultimately rank our university on a better status in the international scale. This allows us to academically educate and qualify professionals who have the ability to contribute to environmentally, economically, socially and culturally sustainable development through feasible, practicable and progressive lifelong learning programs.
1. To accomplish developments in the fields of science, technology and arts, as well as in the field of business, to achieve domestic and international objectives. Contribute towards the achievement of economic and social developments in Libya.
2. To educate and train professionals and specialists in different fields of science, knowledge, production and services, who are qualified with the best levels of knowledge and skills, to enable them to play their roles in societal development. They can also keep pace with advancement of science, technology and human civilization.
3. To design, activate and develop programs of scientific research and different studies which contribute to technological and scientific progress, and to provide scientific consultations for different organizations, institutions as well as private or state corporations.
4. To develop the tools and methodologies of education and scientific research, including educational publications and translation of innovative research, and to supply research equipment and laboratories needed for education and training.
5. To enhance scientific and cultural links and relationships and to share experience with other national and international scientific organizations and institutions via sponsoring students and researchers, and conducting collaborative research and holding conferences and workshops.
6. To strengthen exposure to Arabic language and literature and the usage of Arabic in different fields of science and knowledge.
7. To implement community-building and outreach programs that are responsive to the needs of the society.
8. To intensify encounters with other international languages, especially English language which is considered as a medium of communication of modern knowledge and technology.
9. To train teaching and support staff for higher levels of skills in order to improve educational processes in the university.