The faculty of Languages is a scientific institution that is affiliated with Misurata University, so necessarily it is under the administrative and financial management of the University. It is mainly concerned with teaching various languages including: Arabic, English, French, Spanish, and Italian, as well as many other languages to be added to the educational programs of the faculty whenever possible.
The faculty of languages seeks to study the human linguistic heritage and to look ahead to its future by studying tongues of peoples and their linguistic thinking, as well as focusing on related sources of linguistic knowledge including: history, literature, wisdom, culture and many other related sources of linguistic knowledge.
Through its educational programs, the faculty also strives to achieve the following mutually reinforcing objectives that complement one another:
- Getting familiarized with the legacy of nations in linguistics using aware thorough translations, in addition to highlighting the role of each of the languages in contributing to the linguistic heritage of humanity.
The transmission of Arabic language knowledge to the peoples of these nations contributing to the enrichment of linguistic research by gathering old and recent linguistic research studies.
Accordingly, the faculty aims at building the capacities of students professionally, enabling them to master the language they are specialized in, so that they could develop and scale up themselves, their communities and even the whole humanity, reaching a world that appreciates knowledge, transcends cultural differences, a world where getting to know each other`s civilizations prevails over cultural arrogance and the spirit of cultural and racial superiority. Above all, there is no doubt that a world with brighter future is insight.
The faculty of languages and Translation believes that having one common language in a community (being a monolingual community) is the way to bring about understanding, rapprochement and cooperation between members of the community.
On the other hand, learning other languages for the purpose of acquiring human knowledge is another way to extend understanding, rapprochement and cooperation
starting from the level of homeland, countries of the region, the continent, reaching the level of the whole world in a fruitful step to expanding the reach, scope and impact of cooperation and understanding regardless of gender, race and religion, aiming at making relations with countries of the world, becoming better informed about each other and promoting dialogue among cultures and civilizations. In this regard, God Almighty urged us to do so as he said in the Holy Quran: " O you mankind, surely We created you of a male and a female, and We have made you races and tribes so that you may get mutually acquainted. Surely the most honorable among you in the Providence of Allah are the most pious; surely Allah is Ever-Knowing, Ever-Cognizant ".
Goals of the Faculty:
1. Contributing to the transfer of Arabic language heritage to the other peoples of the world.
2. Preserving the linguistic heritage of humanity, and committing to the pursuit of knowledge through benefiting from the languages of different nations.
3. Studying the languages of other nations whenever possible.
4. Promoting the development of intellectual and linguistic abilities of students as well as working on building their capacities with firm foundations.
5. Promoting the spirit of fair scientific competition among students.
6. Strengthening the values of scientific cooperation among students and researchers of the teaching staff.
7. Working to provide a friendly atmosphere throughout the faculty for students, teaching staff, and employees.
8. Keeping pace with the techniques of modern research in the field of learning languages, especially foreign ones.
9. Providing the Libyan community with language professionals in language teaching in the scientific specializations.
10. Providing state institutions abroad with personnel who have appropriate educational qualifications to assume their national responsibility regarding external action of all kinds.