The specialization of Business Management is considered one of the most common specializations, and it is also the most in demand in the labour market. This specialization gives a wide range of management and marketing job oppurtunities, either in banks, investment projects, or entrepreneurship.
The department offers a four-year program that ends with rewarding students with the degree of Bachelor in Business Management. The program aims at training highly qualified cadres who have the capacity to develop integrated plans for the units or organizations they supervise or are in managerial positions in, as well as carrying out effective managerial control in the broad sense.
The program pays great attention to training managers who have the required capacity for doing managerial jobs, including planning, organization, guidance, and oversight, in addition to the implementation of the functions of the functional organization in the areas of finance, human resources, operations, marketing, research, and development, as well as being aware of the dimensions of the strategic relationship between the organization and its external environment.
The department of Business Management was established along with the beginning of the establishment of the faculty of Economics in the academic year 1992/1993. At that time, the faculty was a department in the faculty of Arts that was later moved to the faculty of Law and Economic Sciences at Elmergeb University until the academic year 1999/2000. Later on, the department became one of the main departments in the faculty of Economics that was founded as an independent faculty in 2000.
Head of the Department:
Miss/ Sumaya Muammar Emsallem / email@example.com
Academic degree awarded by the department:
Bachelor of Business Administration.
Master of Business Administration.
Terms of Joining the department:
Passing at least (36) units.1
2 Passing the course (120) with at least a C.
3 The overall number of units required for graduation is (132) units.
Providing a wide range of programs that include: scientific research, training, and advisory services in the areas of business management in accordance with quality standards, by attracting distinctive cadres and working on continuous development, in a way that adds a competitive advantage to the output of the department.
The department looks forward to achieve the following goals:
1. Providing students with the knowledge and skills they need in the field of business management and its field application.
2. Contributing to the support of organizations with opinions and theoretical ideas that play a role in giving them a competitive advantage.
3. Promoting a supportive, motivating, environment for distinctive, highly qualified personnel, aiming at strengthening the capacities and skills of the academic staff in compliance with quality standards.
4. Developing administrative theories and ideas using the characteristics of the local environment, thereby helping to bridge the gap between theory and practice in the Libyan context.
5. Establishing a center of excellence with a cadre of academics specializing in the area of training and administrative consultancy, with a view to making a contribution to sustainable development of the community.
To be a privileged powerful academic institution that provides the community with educational programs that strengthen the capacities and skills of students and boost their knowledge about the specialization, aiming at utilizing human resources and working on leadership development, in addition to building up competitive advantages for business organizations, with a view to making a contribution to meeting the aspirations of the community.