The Faculty of Arts of the Misurata University enjoys a convenient location at Benghazi Street at downtown Misurata. It features a modern library, as well as administrative offices, and the offices of the heads of academic departments. The Faculty also has an official site on the internet: ( art.misuratau.edu.ly ) containing information on the academic and administrative departments.
The Faculty was founded on 10/12/1991. The Faculty of Arts was created to meet the needs of Misurata’s students to study and obtain university degrees in various disciplines of humanities.
This scientific edifice has thoroughly fulfilled its aspiration, by instructing crowds of graduates and training specialized teachers in various disciplines of humanities.
In line with Misurata University’s vision, The Faculty of Arts aspires to invest in human resources by providing an academic system of education, besides seeking to attain excellence, perfection, quality, and ensuring the contribution of individuals in society building. As well as enhancing their abilities in continuous research and learning. It also seeks to provide the best globally acknowledged diverse academic programs, so that the student chooses his/her academic track that corresponds to their aspirations and interests within the general framework of the current and future labor market requirements.
The Faculty strives to train top specialists in various fields of humanities by providing an academic educational system that seeks excellence and perfection, and invests human resources that have core competencies of learning and positive collective propensities, enabling them to effectively adapt to the requirements of contemporary times.
- Providing the community with certified specialists with academic competencies who are committed to their national and religious duty.
- Maintaining and developing the national heritage.
- Supplying institutions with teachers and counselors who are scientifically and educationally qualified in different disciplines.
- Conducting research and studies that are consistent with society’s philosophy and objectives on the one hand, and the academic specializations of the Faculty on the other.
- Part taking in the transpiration of Arab and Islamic culture.
- Training researchers to be able to actively participate in solving the problems of society and its institutions, in order to bring about development in the community.
- To provide students with the necessary expertise that help them realize their future responsibility in society.
- Following-up on global developments and keeping up with progress in fields of Humanities, and employing these advances to serve the community through coordination and cooperation with relevant authorities to make the University a radiation center for the development of society’s scientific institutions.
- Cultivating scientific, cultural and professional abilities. Besides holding seminars and scientific seasons concerned with humanities.
- Contributing to nurturing the spirit of fellowship among students.